Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Preparing to Return


It's been a few weeks since we've been in the atrium with the children. When they return tomorrow it will be Ordinary Time again. We aren't really in the atrium for the Christmas season at all which is a shame. I always feel we've gone from Advent right to Ordinary Time.

To make their return a little more special, I bought a new plant for leaf washing and some cut flowers for flower arranging. I also put up a few more pictures and added a few new works. 


Can you see the pictures of the articles for the altar? I found them in our Religious Education supply room. I think they are from the 1960's or 70's.


Here are two more. Excuse the beam of sunlight cutting through. Our windows let in a lot of light which is good but sometimes blinding!



It was good to have some time in the atrium to put out some new work, organize supplies, take note of needs and just be quiet and slow. Because our program runs during our religious education program, we meet in between the Sunday Masses for only an hour. It never seems to be enough time to me and I am often rushing from Mass or to Mass. So having leisurely time was glorious.

I would like to add to the loveliness of the room with more artwork while still keeping the room simple and neat. Of course when the children are in the room, they add all the loveliness that is needed!