Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Epiphany


It was glorious to be back in the atrium with the children after having two weeks away. I always find the children have a renewed sense of calm and purpose in January. Of course they were also excited to tell me about the snow that fell yesterday!

Today is the Feast of Epiphany and so I presented the Adoration of the Magi to the children. This is the same reading that was given at Mass. It is a bit long and so I shorten it to just talk about the Magi coming from the East, following the star and giving the gifts to Jesus. It is enough for the children. At a later date I may talk with some of the older children about the full story with Herod if I think they are ready. 

For today, the crux of the story was joyful for us. I hope your Epiphany is also a joy filled one.